Monday, September 26, 2011

Taking the black (beret)



"Night gathers, and now my watch begins. It shall not end until my death. I shall take no wife, hold no lands, father no children. I shall wear no crowns and win no glory. I shall live and die at my post. I am the sword in the darkness. I am the watcher on the walls. I am the fire that burns against the cold, the light that brings the dawn, the horn that wakes the sleepers, the shield that guards the realms of men. I pledge my life and honor to the Night's Watch, for this night and all nights to com." [George RR Martin, "A game of thrones"]

For me it is better than that. Tomorrow I am starting my military service but it will be only for nine months.


We found this tank in Kiev, in the museum of the great patriotic war. Sasha told us a lot of things about it. It appears to have been the most powerful weapon of the soviet army during WWII. Then I couldn't imagine that I would have to deal with something like this a year and 3 months later.

This is also my first try of  "forging" a photo. One person was GIMPed out of it.

Hope to see you again soon.

P.S. By the way, TV series "Game of Thrones" rocks, as well as the novel. I am taking with me the latter, with the hope that I will have time to read a bit.



1 comment:

  1. LOL καλή διασκέδαση και από εδώ!
    ΠροΣΣΣοχΗ!

    ps μέχρι να καταλάβω ότι έκανες quote το βιβλίο, ανησύχησα ότι το έχεις πάρει λίγο σοβαρότερα απ ότι χρειάζεται. :P

    ReplyDelete