Sunday, November 20, 2011

bitte berühren

When I was little, I was taught NEVER to touch any of the exhibits in a museum. This of course out of respect towards the works of art, since they will be quickly ruined if each and everyone of us touched for a example a statue or a painting. Imagine my frustration and the deadly looks I give to people when I realize that they are touching something (yes, I am looking at you!).
But, I have heard -on the radio perhaps- that special museums have been created especially for blind people and for children where you are encouraged to touch replicas of famous statues. What a great idea!
The Louvre, has a small room where you can touch the statuettes and this is where we spotted this little guy. I have to admit that I was hesitating to touch it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment